Wednesday, December 14, 2016

6 Must-have Colours for Summer

I can't believe I've not posted for 4 days! I've been really busy with school and I'm really sorry that I couldn't keep you updated about the world of fashion and that I also couldn't post the Weekend Inspiration for this week. Massive apologies! But now with school well behind me, I can get back to blogging again. (relief!) Anyhow, today I would be talking about the top 6 colours to wear for summer. As you know, summer's already starting to seep in and here in Singapore, although the weather is sunny almost 24/7/365, it's definitely getting warmer! When there's a new season in, it's always good to give your wardrobe a detox by adding in new colours. Especially, during summer because it's all warm and sunny, so bright colours would definitely make the perfect style statement. 
RED
Summer Looks : Red
I, for the record, love red. It's extremely vibrant and immediately jazzes up any outfit with a bright pop of colour. Bright red is a great shade to try, and it is best worn with dark colours such as blue and black. However, if you're not comfortable with being too loud with bright red, then maroon is for you. It's a calmer, darker shade of red and it also has the same attention-grabbing effect, just only at a smaller scale.
ORANGE
Summer Ready : Orange
When I was making this set, I was searching for some orange accessories and as I was scrolling through the maze of orange hued togs, my jaw suddenly dropped. In front of me, was this gorgeous pair of orange-pink Chanel logo-embossed earrings! I mean, this is the first time in my entire life that I saw someting like that! I was utterly in love with it the moment I saw it because how often do you see the Chanel logo on things other than bags and perfume bottles? For me, it's almost never. So I bet you can imagine how excited I was when I saw them! 
PINK
Summer Ready : Pink
Which girl doesn't love pink? I mean, pink is like a childhood colour to me, I can remember myself always trying to get the pink sweet, or the pink pencil, or even sitting on a pink chair! And clearly, my love affair with pink has endured the test of time because till today, pink is still one of my favourite colours. See that pink iPhone cover up there? Guess who made it? None other than the uber-talented Marc Jacobs himself! I absolutely heart that cover, it's gives me a sense of whimsy and the heart-shaped lips and eyelashes are just to-die-for. The Cambridge Satchel (at the top) is also another one of my faves, it's been on my wishlist for ages! The quaint leather satchel has been spotted on style icons from Alexa Chung, to Zooey Deschanel to Elle Fanning and it comes in a variety of bright colours, so it's definitely meant for summer! 
GREEN
Summer Looks : Emerald
Since Pantone announced that Emerald Green is the colour of 2013, fashion houses everywhere have been churning out togs from perfume bottles to nail polishes, from clothes to bags and shoes. I know some of the items up there aren't exactly emerald, but they were just too good to give up! Take the Olympia Le-Tan Miami clutch for example. It's one of the most eye-catching yet simple clutches I have ever seen and the block sand-coloured letters contrasting against the olive green background really made it stand out. Too bad it costs a few thousand, if not I would have grabbed it right away! I love the Dior Vernis nail polishes too, the entire range offers amazing hues of almost every colour and if you're a beauty junkie or just wanting to experiment with new looks, the Dior Vernis range is definitely for you.
BLUE
Summer Looks : Blue
Never underestimate the power of blue. It's one of the only colours out there that can bring you from morning to night without comitting any serious fashion crimes. I mean, just look at the humble jeans. Can anything go wrong with it? I doubt so, and plus blue looks good on everyone (almost) , so it's one must-have colour for summer. I absolutely love Oscar de la Renta's Something Blue perfume, it has a unique colour combination of baby blue and light beige and there's even a story behind it! Apparently it follows the American tradition of a bride wearing  "something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue"on her wedding day. Who knew ODLR was so into bridals? I also heart the Lady Dior bag, it oozes class and sophistication without being overly serious and as great things come in small packages, it's the perfect arm candy with it's petite size. I know that the price is just sky-high, so all we can do now is to dream that one day, this bag would be swinging from our arms while we saunter down the street, haha. 
PURPLE
Summer Ready : Purple
One of the perfumes that are on the top of my to-try-and-buy list is the Vera Wang Princess. It's the glittery one with the crown on top over there and not only does it look like it's made for royalty, the tagline is really girly and fun! It's "Born to Rule" and it makes me feel that after just one spritz of the perfume, I'll be transported to a beautiful castle filled with rooms of clothes and all my favourite things. There would also be absolutely zero school and I can just sit back and relax as much as I want!  Who wouldn't want to just laze around and have all of your needs (and wants) taken care of ? But back to the point, I'm really dying to try out that perfume! Another thing I would love to have is the Jimmy Choo Candy clutch, the one with all the magenta and purple splotches of paint. It perfectly channels artist-chic and the colours look amazing together! Definitely It-bag material. 

What is your favourite colour? What are your summer wardrobe essentials?

        Charlotte

No comments:

Post a Comment