Tuesday, December 13, 2016

kiri yanchenko : best rookie fashion blog

Who better to dish style advice than a personal stylist? Meet Kiri Yanchenko, a fashion blogger at Fashion Blender and a personal stylist from Sydney, Australia. Her blog features everything from art exhibitions to the latest fashion shows around the world and most recently personal style posts, and with her great eye for detail it's no wonder she won in the Best Rookie Fashion Blog category in the first ever Style Cookie Awards 2013 a few months ago. She is very passionate about everything she does especially when it comes to her blog, read on to find out more....

1.What's the inspiration behind FashionBlender?
My motivation really was to share my love of fashion, art, lifestyle products and design with the world.
The Fashion Blender™ concept is to blend a bit of everything to show a really diverse range of inspiration because everything we see on a day to day basis inspires us. I try to present Australian brands when I can also to promote the Australian Design, Fashion, Art etc industries.

2. What are your top 3 New Year's Resolutions?
A) To be a better commenter
B) To source new and exciting things and write the best articles I can
C) To put together more and more outfit posts

3. Describe your sense of style in 4 words.
Fun, bold, interesing and different. Really it's me.

4. How did you feel when you knew of your Style Cookie Awards win?
I was very excited because I feel like I am onto a winning concept I just need to get the word out.
It was great to be recognised so early on in my blogging career because I work really hard on the Fashion Blender™ concept.

5. If money wasn't an option, where would you want to live?
I would want to live is Sydney or Japan - I am learning Japanese and have been for over a year now.

6. Where do you get your style inspiration from?
Art, looking at magazines, keeping up with trends, research, other bloggers, runway shows, but ultimately it's seeing lots of things to inspire me and presenting these things my way

7. Do you enjoy being a stylist or a blogger more?
I enjoy both. I find they feed each other; but if I didn't have my art, graphic design and stylist qualifications I wouldn't be as good at writing articles, finding inspiration, putting outfits together or finding similarities in things which all help to create a winning blog concept.

8. What was your most memorable moment of 2013?
When my traffic started increasing and when I started getting comments on and off the blog

9. What are your goals for 2014?
To work with more PR companies, to feature and promote more Australian Labels and Designers.
To secure Australian advertising.

10. What advice would give aspiring fashion bloggers?
Just keep doing what you love to the best of your ability and to create good quality content and take good photos.


Love her blog? Find her on Tumblr, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment