Monday, December 12, 2016

Blogger Spotlight : Nicole Le Mesurier & Eli Ansari

Meet Nicole & Eli, the dynamic blogger duo behind style blog The Green Raybans. Not only do they reside in the same country as I do, they are also exactly the same age as I am! Reading their blog has always been a joy as their posts are detailed yet light-hearted and easy to understand, and the fact that I share many things in common with them makes their blog even more relatable. From their latest wants, to Q&A with notable names of the fashion world, daily inspiration to travel photo diaries, there is always something worth checking out on their blog; no wonder that they already have a loyal following of close to 500! Read the interview below for an inside scoop into these two spunky 14 year olds!
1.What inspired you to create The Green Raybans?
Both: We have always been enchanted by fashion. We wanted to start a blog to express our fascination for the industry and writing. 

2. How do you spread out the blogging between the two of you?
Both: Since we both live in different parts of the world, we thought it would be quite tough to communicate. But now with so much technology like Whatsapp and Facebook, we can talk through there all the time! We don't exactly have a posting schedule but we help each other out a lot with the posting if one of us is busy.

3.What is your dream job?
N: As cliched as this sounds for any fashion blogger, my dream job would definitely to be a fashion journalist working in New York City! It's a very hard industry to get into though as so many people like myself  have the same dream!

E: I would love to work in the fashion industry, a job where I could travel often and work more on the business side of the industry. You always hear about the models and designers but I would love to work somewhat more behind the scenes and maybe even start my own magazine one day! 
4. What is the best part of blogging to you?
N: For me, the best part of blogging is reading the thoughtful and sweet comments readers put up on Your posts. It's a great feeling knowing that all of your hard work has gone somewhere. I also love making blogger friends through the blogosphere community.

E: The best part of blogging for me is knowing that your posts can help or inspire someone, and not go to waste. It's also great to meet people in the blogging community! 

5.Where would your dream vacation be?
N: I'm lucky enough to travel to many fascinating cities with my family. I have already visited my dream cities (New York and London) but I would love to visit Greece one day and revisit new York!

E: I'm fortunate enough to have travelled to many beautiful places before but I would love to revisit Bali or Tokyo! 
6. Who do you draw inspiration from? 
N: Be it a museum exhibit, a book or a movie- I draw inspiration from my daily surroundings. If you mean in terms of fashion, I love Grace Coddington's work.

E: I tend to get inspiration from absolutely anything. Sometimes it'll be from an outfit I see while I'm out in the city, and sometimes it'll be a song I hear on the radio! 

7. What is your biggest achievement in 2012 and your biggest goal for 2013?
Both: Our blog reaching more recognition and loyal followers definitely had to be our biggest achievement of 2012. I also went to my first fashion show last year which was an amazing experience. Posting at a regular basis has always been quite tough for us so that would be our main goal for this year.

8. Fave food/music? 
N: If you follow me on Instagram, you'll know that I eat WAY too much food so this is a hard one.  I have quite a sweet tooth and I love tiramisu, cupcakes and macaroons! Mac & Cheese and chicken rice would definitely make it to my list as well. As for music, The great gatsby soundtrack, Lana Del Rey, and  the XX are currently my favourites.

E: I have a huge sweet tooth! I love eating macaroons, they're my favorite. As for savory foods, after living in Singapore for 11 years, I must say chicken rice is the best. When it comes to music, anyone that knows me knows I am a huge Lana Del Rey fan, other than that I pretty much like any music!
9. What are your hobbies?
N: I love to swim and play tennis. Some other hobbies I have include reading, running, watching my favourite shows on TV, and of course blogging!

E: I have to say, I'm a shopaholic! And while I'm not hitting the shops, I like to read, play the violin, spend way too much of my time watching Pretty Little Liars and The Vampire Diaries,  hang out with my friends and obviously blogging! 
10. Your current beauty must-have?
N: I currently love my Bath and Body Works hand sanitisers. I swear I'm not a germaphobe, they just smell so nice! I also love Moroccan Oil and it has done wonders to my dry hair.

E: Recently I have been using my Clarins instant light lip perfecter and Rimmel Stay Matte Powder religiously! 
Untitled #106
11. What is the craziest thing you have done in the name of fashion/What is the best thing you have ever bought?
Both: The craziest thing We've ever done is  just starting this blog and putting ourselves out there like this, in the name of fashion. 

12. What advice do you have for fellow style bloggers around the world?
Both: Our blog is still fairly new, however we have gone through our rough patches of the blog from the early beginning.  Our main advice would be to just stay true to yourself, only post about something that genuinely interests you. If you, like us, blog with someone that you are close to you should never let anything get in the way of your relationship. 
The Green Raybans
Love their blog? Follow them via Twitter, Facebook and Bloglovin'!
        Charlotte

No comments:

Post a Comment