Thursday, December 15, 2016

Blogger Spotlight : Amy Martins

I'm sure all of you have heard about Vogue, but have you heard about Voguette? It's like a cross between Vogue and Smurfette from the Smurfs, but that's only in the name. Voguette is actually a blog curated by Amy Martins that revolves around fashion, art, décor, lifestyle and beauty and it's one blog you don't want to miss. Whether is it talking about her latest shoe crush or her love for the Great Gatsby, I always look forward to Voguette posts as they never fail to be filled with fresh, new ideas.No wonder that she has already built a loyal following of over 300+ in less than a year! But enough about the blog, let's move on to the blogger behind it. Amy, a fourteen-year-old who lives in Spain, describes herself as "an aspiring journalist and fashion lover with a thing for flowers, France and indie music" as well as loving "city lights, Paris and glamorous things". To her, a Voguette would buy Vogue instead of dinner.(I think I would buy both). Want to know more about Amy and her fabulous blog? Read on to find out more!
1.What's the story behind Voguette?
A Voguette is a woman brimming with elegance, chic, who doesn't follow any trends or imitate anybody. She's fashion-conscious, but she's also interested in beauty, art, décor... I felt like this name fit perfectly with the content of my blog, so that's why I chose it.

2. Why did you create Voguette?
I've always loved to write ever since I was a little girl, and I thought a blog would be a really fun way to share my passion for fashion (it rhymes!) with like-minded people, the only thing stopping me was my age - I believed nobody would actually care about what a teenager had to say about fashion. But on Christmas Day, I told myself 'why not?' and created Voguette. I quickly found out I loved blogging and I'm loving this experience!

3. What is your dream job?
My ambition is to become a fashion journalist and study Fashion Marketing and Communication after that; but my goal is to be able to create my own magazine.
4. How would you describe your sense of style?
I like to say it's pretty classic and comfortable, but with a modern edge; tailored blazers, shirts and jeans predominate in my wardrobe. But my style depends on how I'm feeling that day.

5. Where would your dream vacation be?
Anywhere tropical! Like Bali or the Seychelles.

6. Who inspires you?
It may sound corny, but my mum! She's such a strong woman and has worked a lot to achieve her dreams. Other people that inspire me are Audrey Hepburn or Grace Kelly.
x
7. What is your biggest achievement in 2012 and your biggest goal for 2013?
Biggest achievement of 2012... creating my blog, of course! And biggest goal for 2013 ? I'm not sure what yet, but we'll see; it has to be something that makes 2013 a year to remember!

8. Fave food/music?
I'm pretty healthy when it comes to food, but a salad is nothing compared to a good hamburger! As for music, I basically listen to everything - you can find me dancing around to Pitbull's latest single and then I could pretend I'm the director of an orchestra while listening to the Blue Danube. But my favourite gender has to be indie music.

9. Something special about your country?
In Spain we are really warm and outgoing, people usually start random conversations with you at the underground or as you are waiting in the line of the supermarket; and I've noticed that doesn't happen in many other European countries.
10. What are your hobbies?
My favourite hobby is obviously blogging! I also love reading, playing the piano and drawing.

11. What is the craziest thing you have done in the name of fashion?
Not sure... I'm not a person who follows trends just because everyone else does, if I don't like it, I don't wear it!

12. What would your dream home be?
As much as I love big houses with a garden full of trees, a pool from where you can admire the gorgeous views, my dream home would actually be a cute flat somewhere in London or Paris.
13. Your current beauty must-have?
I've recently purchased Dior Addict Lip Glow Reviver Balm, and it's amazing! It responds to the color chemistry of your own lips and creates your own unique shade of lipstick, it's completely worth buying it!

14. What advice do you have for fellow style bloggers around the world?
Really? Advice from me? Okay, I'm not sure what to say but I think a few vital things are: post as often as possible and always blog about what you are passionate about, keep your layout simple so the readers can focus on what's important, your posts and of course, always be yourself!

Voguette

Love her blog? Check it out here and follow her via Facebook, Bloglovin', Tumblr, Twitter, and Instagram.
On another note, I'm would be going for a camp for the next couple of days and I would only be back and blogging on Saturday to post Weekend Inspiration #13. Apologies for not posting one last weekend, I was really busy with my holiday homework and my schedule was super full. Although I wouldn't be posting this Friday as I usually do, do check out the COSC official Instagram @thestylecookie for updates while I'm at camp! Other than that, I'll leave you with this post while I start packing for tomorrow.

What do you think of Amy's blog?
     Charlotte

No comments:

Post a Comment