Tuesday, December 13, 2016

blogger spotlight : nikki chowdhury

5
Meet Nikki Chowdhury, personal style blogger hailing from the warm sunny land of Australia. Together with her photographer and stylist Gemma Scheetz, she blogs at City of Skirts, a creative outlet for her passionate love for fashion. Documenting everything from everyday personal style to her latest shopping lists, her blog is full of sun-drenched images taken along the city streets of Down Under complete with pieces that can take you from day to night. An avid fan of ASOS and Witchery, she loves pairing luxury accessories with high street pieces, sourcing her wardrobe from a wide array of boutiques all around the world. A self-confessed city girl, Nikki is inspired by everything from city lights and department stores to New York City to Blair Waldorf of Gossip Girl and Olivia Palermo. Amidst making time to blog and study, she also watches cat videos and organizes her wardrobe by colour to pass the time. Read on to find out her favourite lipstick shade, her worst fashion faux pas and more about this month's blogger…
1
1. What made you decide to start blogging? 
I was doing a course in Industrial Design at university, when all I really wanted to do was study fashion. I was already in my 2nd year so I figured I would stay on with the course, but try to satisfy my creative needs through a hobby instead. Fashion blogging seemed simple enough - I already shopped like a mad woman and had a pretty substantial wardrobe, so I started taking photos of my outfits and here I am today!
6
2. What inspired you to name your blog City of Skirts? 
When I started my blog, I had just finished watching Gossip Girl. I fell in love with Blair Waldorf's style, particularly how she always wore feminine blouses with beautiful skirts. I've also always considered myself a city slicker - I'm not that crazy about nature and wildlife, and definitely prefer walking down a city street surrounded by lights and department stores rather than walking through the bush in wellies. So, I just put the two together and called it "city of skirts". It pretty much tells you everything you need to know about me - i'm a girly girl and don't take me bush walking!  

3. What is your favourite part in being a personal style blogger?
I really just like documenting my outfits - whenever I'm stumped for something to wear I can look back on them to make them appropriate for the day ahead. It's also great to meet other bloggers who just get you - meeting other people who agree that spending copious amounts of time on Asos is not weird!

3
4. How would you describe your sense of style?
Feminine with an edge. I love trends, but definitely try to incorporate them in a classic way so they don't become 'one hit wonders' so to speak. 

5. Favourite fashion magazine?
Vogue (obviously) and Elle. 
10
6. Who would you consider as your no. 1 style inspiration?
Olivia Palermo - that woman never puts a foot wrong. She is divine. 

7. If money weren't an object, where would you live?
New York City! Upper East Side - I'm a bit cheesy like that. 

8. Go-to lipstick shade?
"Flat out Fabulous" by MAC. I always go for dark magenta on the lips. 
17
9. Something your readers would be surprised to hear about you would be...
I eat a LOT of pizza. Sometimes 3 times a week. Me and healthy eating will never work - I have a very bad diet..and I wouldn't have it any other way haha
5
10. Top 3 wardrobe must-haves :
1. Black tailored pant by Alexander Wang or Skirt by Scanlan and Theodore
2. White button down top by Equipment
3. A statement jacket

11. Your worst fashion faux pas:
I once bought a pair of galaxy leggings - I never wore them, and have no idea why I bought them because they are completely not my style. Severe buyers remorse for that one..
2
12. A quote you live by would be :
"Enjoying life should be of much greater concern than understanding it."

13. What is the biggest challenge to you about fashion blogging? 
Making time. With work, internships and study its definitely hard to make time - but seeing the end product after each shoot is all the motivation I need to make time. 


what do you think of Nikki's blog?

No comments:

Post a Comment