Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Joan Marie : Most Promising Personal Style Blog

Meet Joan Marie, the winner of the Most Promising Personal Style Blog in last year's Style Cookie Awards. A personal style blogger from Philadelphia, she has a penchant for bright prints, yet her outfits are chic enough to take you from day to night. I love what she does on her blog DraFashionista because her looks feature a myriad of styles : bohemian, city-chic, summer wear, and this makes her different from other bloggers in her niche. What started out as posting outfits on Instagram as a hobby{where she has a huge following of 11,000+}, became an inspiration to create a blog to chronicle her daily outfits. Find out more about her amazing style below....
1.What made you create DraFashionista?
Before starting the blog, ever since I was a little girl, i was passionate about fashion. Few years (2011) ago, I thought about starting my own blog, but by then I was a medical student, so it was very difficult to update the blog, so I had to abandon the idea.
In 2012 I started an account on Instagram and I started to upload my personal photos, until I uploaded a photo of an outfit and a lot of people liked it, so every day, I uploaded pictures of my outfits and I had more and more attention. I started to know other bloggers and girls who are passionate about fashion like me. So after a few months I decided to start the blog that both wanted, a space to expressed myself and the love for fashion that i have.
So it was that I started my blog and decided to call Dra.Fashionista because the DRA is synonymous with Dr (doctor) in Spanish and i added the Fashionista, because people used to called me Dra.Fashionista, while i was in Medicine School, because of the way i dressed.


2. Why did you choose to become a personal style blogger?
I wanted to express myself and the best way is throughout my style with personal touch.

3. Describe your sense of style.
My sense of style is playful, i love to play with colors, patterns and mixing and matching.

4. How did you feel when you knew of your Style Cookie Awards win?
I was so thrilled and happy to be part of such an amazing opportunity. This awards are a very good way to acknowledge other bloggers and i believe you'll have a lot of success with your blog and this awards in a near future.

5. Where is your favourite place in the world?
NYC, is such a vibrant and beautiful city. Everytime i'm there it makes me feel so powerful, that i always come home with such a positive thought into following my dreams that i can even described.

6. Who are your style inspirations?
I always get inspiration from movies, magazines and other bloggers or street style. But if I have to choose: Olivia Palermo, Lauren Conrad, Jessica from Hapa Time and Aimee Song from Song of Style.

7. What are your favourite style publications?
Marie Claire, Vogue, Glamour & Vanity Fair Magazine.
8. What was your most memorable moment of 2013?
Well it was a great year for a rookie blogger like me, but I really cherish the time I was featured on Latina.com and when i collaborated with a Store Called Gatsby  from my land Puerto Rico.

9. Your top 5 wardrobe essentials?
1. Blazers
2. Jeans
3. Heels
4. Handbags
5. Skirts

10. Any advice for personal style bloggers around the world?
The best advice i can give to a style blogger, is to be yourself and believe in you. If you feel right, it is right!
Dra. Fashionista

Adore her style? Follow her on Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, Pinterest and Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment