Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Blogger Spotlight : Chelsea Lane

Being a faithful reader of Seventeen,I found out about Chelsea Lane of zipped in last year's December issue. I was really curious after reading totally amazing things about her blog (700-1000 views a day! Who knew?) and her style struck me as being sophisticated, laid-back and classic chic.I absolutely love how she always pairs up the right accessories with the right togs in every outfit and she's able to carry off every look effortlessly! No wonder that she has already built a following of 1000 and counting, her style is just amazing and wearable! With her prominent nose bridge and to-die-for platinum brown locks, she is a style blogger that you won't want to miss. Read on to find out more about her!
1.Why did you name your blog zipped?
I came up with the name ‘zipped’ because it was concise, easy to remember, and makes it feel like the site is full of information you can’t find anywhere else!

2. Why did you create zipped?
I started zipped as a way to put together a virtual portfolio that showcases my aesthetic and interests. I love fashion, and I wanted to connect with others that love it too!
3. What do you aspire to be when you grow up?
I would love to work in fashion styling for an established boutique or brand.

4. How would you describe your sense of style?
I often describe my personal style as comfortable, classic, textural, and unassuming.
5. What are you favourite things (labels,brands etc) in fashion?
I love Madewell, Kate Spade, Rag & Bone, Vince, Free People, Diane von Furstenberg, Marc Jacobs, Carolina Herrera…the list goes on!

6. Who inspires you in the fashion industry?
I adore Garance Dore and Ashley Olsen!
7. What is your biggest achievement in 2012 and your biggest goal for 2013?
My biggest achievement on the blog in 2012 was getting the opportunity to work with some great companies like Minnetonka Moccasin. I have lots of goals for 2013, but my favorite one is probably to go to New York Fashion Week in September!

8. How did you feel when you knew about being featured in Seventeen?
I was so excited to hear Seventeen wanted to feature my blog in Singapore! It is so cool to be able to have readers across the world and have international companies recognize my work.
9. What do you envision yourself as 5 years from now?
In five years, I would love to be building my styling career or even blogging full-time, hopefully living in Seattle or New York.

10. What are your hobbies?
I love trying out new restaurants, home shopping for my apartment, reading non-fiction books and painting my nails.
11. What is the craziest thing you have done in the name of fashion?
The craziest thing I have done for fashion: I once wore a pair of completely destroyed tights trying to look like Miley Cyrus. It just ended up looking like I had been run over by a garbage truck—not a good look. It was pretty nasty!

12. If you had a chance to collaborate with someone in the fashion industry, who would it be and what would you create?
I would love to create a line of heels for girls like me who just don’t bother wearing heels because they aren’t comfortable. I can’t walk in them, and I’m sure someone out there can fix it! I had an actual dream about this once and designed the line with Karl Lagerfeld for Chanel, but in reality, I’d love to do something with Tory Burch or Kate Spade.
13.If you had a fully-paid trip to any fashion week in the world, which one would it be and which show would you attend?
I would love to go to London Fashion week to see Burberry Prorsum!

14. What advice do you have for fellow style bloggers around the world?
My advice for other style bloggers is to wear what you love and never dress up for your readers. People appreciate honesty and transparency, and that is what they’ll keep coming back for.

zipped

What do you think about Chelsea Lane and zipped?

xoxo,
Charlotte

Remember to follow me on Twitter, Pinterest, Bloglovin', GFC and Tumblr for updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment